The National Emergencies Trust has launched a £1.2m Local Action Fund with Crowdfunder UK to help voluntary and community organisations overcome the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic by helping them to counter financial challenges created by the pandemic, including the inability to fundraise in the usual ways, reductions in staff and volunteers, and increased demand on their services.
The fund offers support to organisations including:
- Registered charities, including charitable incorporated organisations
- Constituted organisations and non-registered charities
- Community interest companies
- Churches and other religious organisations (if the funded activity is not deemed to be proselytising).
- Other voluntary community organisations or those not constituted but deemed appropriate by Crowdfunder under this Programme would be eligible, with appropriate endorsement from the statutory body, charity, parochial church council or community foundation etc.
Up to £10,000 in match-funding is available on a pound-by-pound basis to either launch new local initiatives or to enable them to continue existing services.
Eligible services include:
- Health and wellbeing services
- Activities that relieve pressure on local statutory services
- Services for vulnerable people self-isolating
- Services addressing food poverty
- Community response coordination
- Services supporting those experiencing, or at risk of, domestic abuse, those facing homelessness and those working with refugees and or asylum seeker communities
Services supporting young people’s access to education
Services supporting those in poverty or at risk of poverty
The deadline for applications is the 22nd October 2021.