Grass roots, community led organisations in England can apply for grants of up to £10,000 through the Comic Relief Community Fund. This can include:
- Constituted voluntary and community groups
- Social Enterprises
- Community Interest Companies (Please note CIC’s must have been running for a minimum of two years and we can consider CICs limited by guarantee but not those limited by shares)
- Not for profit companies limited by guarantee
The Fund is supporting community led organisations to deliver projects within four strategic themes;
- A Safe Place To Be,
- Children Survive & Thrive,
- Fighting for Gender Justice,
- Mental Health Matters.
The funding is split into two strands:
- up to £1,000 is available for capacity building;
- and up to £9,000 for project delivery.
To be eligible organisations need to have an annual income of less than £250,000 and must be able to demonstrate how people with lived experience of the issues being tackled are involved in the organisation and the project.
The fund is being managed by the environmental charity Groundwork and round 1 applications opens in September 2021 and close November 2021.