The British Science Week Community Grant Scheme 2022 has opened for applications. This scheme offers grants of £500 and £1000 for community groups working directly with audiences that are traditionally underrepresented and not engaged in science activity.
These can include:
- people from ethnic minorities
- people with low socio-economic status, including people disadvantaged in terms of education and income
- people with a physical or mental condition or impairment
- people living in a remote and rural location, defined as settlements of less than 10,000 people
- girls and women
Priority will be given to events that:
- are embedded in the local community, where community members are involved in some aspect of the planning or delivery of the event.
- showcase science’s role in everyday life, challenge the idea that science is separate from culture, and/or break down stereotypes of what it means to be scientist or engage with science.
- leave a legacy, providing a way for those involved to continue their engagement with science.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on the 8th November 2021.
Note: community grants cannot be used for events or activities with school groups unless they are a special needs school. For school activities, the schools themselves, if they meet the eligibility criteria, should apply for the Kick Start Grants.
For any questions, please contact the British Science Association: firstname.lastname@example.org