Not-for-profit organisations, such as charitable incorporated organisations, community interest companies and parish and town councils can apply for grants of up to £350,000 towards the capital costs of restoring redundant or underused historic buildings in Town Centres for the benefit of the local community.
The funding is being made available through the Transformational Project Grants scheme which is administered by the Architectural Heritage Fund and is part of the wider £15 million Transforming Places Through Heritage Programme and support restoration projects that:
- will make a positive impact on the vitality and distinctiveness of the local area.
- include introducing new uses for the building and offering new
- opportunities for local people;
- bringing vacant floor space or whole buildings into use;
- having the potential to act as a catalyst for nearby owners to revitalise their property.
The deadline for applications is the 31st July 2021.