The Tesco Bags of Help Programme has been relaunched as the Tesco Community Grants programme to support local good causes that focus on helping children and families across the UK.
Registered charities, voluntary and community organisations, schools, parish/town councils and other not-for-profit organisations can apply for grants of £500, £1,000 or £1,500. Three projects from each local area will be shortlisted to go to the public vote by Tesco customers every three months, with grants awarded depending on the number of votes their project receives.
Examples of eligible applications with a focus on supporting children and families could be;
- a local school needing food for a children’s breakfast club,
- a voluntary organisation working with families to run holiday clubs,
- a charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health,
- a brownie or scout group needing new tents,
- or a youth sports club needing new equipment,
- a family advice centre wanting to recruit more volunteers,
- or a local friend of a park group wanting to develop a new toddler area.
The fund will be administered by Groundwork and applications can be made at any time.