The second round of the UK Government’s £40 million Green Recovery Challenge Fund has opened to applications in a bid to support environmental renewal whilst supporting thousands of jobs in England.
Environmental charities and their partners can apply for grants of between £50,000 and £2 million from the fund in a bid to restore nature, tackle climate change and build the economy back from the coronavirus pandemic.
- Projects must deliver against at least one of the fund’s three themes:
- Nature conservation and restoration, including ecosystem restoration and species recovery;
- Nature-based solutions, particularly for climate change mitigation and adaptation; and
- Connecting people with nature.
Organisations can apply through one of two funding levels:
- £50,000 to £250,000. Deadline 12noon 14 April 2021
- £250,000 to £2m. Deadline for Expressions of Interest 12noon 22 March 2021.
Organisations applying for grants over £250,000 are required to contribute a minimum of 5% partnership funding.