Online fundraising platform Localgiving, together with the Postcode Community Trust have announced that this year’s Magic Little Grants grants programme has re-opened for applications. Small charities. community groups, school and groups connected to schools can apply for grants of up to £500 to launch or strengthen their services.
this year funding can go towards any of the below projects:
- Improving mental wellbeing
- Enabling community participation in the arts
- Preventing or reducing the impact of poverty
- Supporting marginalised groups and promoting equality
- Improving biodiversity and green spaces
- Enabling participation in physical activity
- Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability
- Increasing community access to outdoor space
To be eligible applicant organisations will need to have an annual income of below £250,000.
As well as receiving a Magic Little Grant, successful organisations that are new to Localgiving will also be given a free annual membership with Localgiving worth £80+VAT. This membership gives them access to all of Localgiving’s wider online fundraising services, such as regular fundraising campaigns and training.
The closing date for applications is the 31st October 2021.
Previous projects funded include:
Flamingo Chicks, who received a grant to provide sensory kits for disabled children to attend dance classes.
Featherstone Rovers Foundation, who received a grant to deliver a range of activities to encourage more young people to try Rugby League.
Happy Wanderers Ambulance Organisation who received a grant to provide free transport for older people and wheelchair users to access local physical activities.