The Department for Education has launched a new multi-million-pound fund to provide world-class facilities and equipment for young people studying the new T Level qualifications from 2022.
T Level providers across the country can bid for a share of £135 million, through the T Level Capital Fund. The fund is formed of 2 parts:
- The building and facilities improvement grant (BFIG) which providers will need to bid for
- The Specialist Equipment Allocation (SEA) which will be awarded to providers using a formula allocation.
To be eligible for the Fund the applicant must be:
- On this list of providers selected to deliver T Levels;
- Are an academy, further education college, higher education institution, school, sixth form college, or university technical college;
- Have not previously been awarded a BFIG for the T Level route for the institution or campus they are applying for.
The closing date for applications is the 26th March 2021.