The Clothworkers Foundation awards grants to UK registered charities, CICs, and other registered UK not-for-profit organisations (including special schools).
Grants are awarded towards capital projects and may cover the cost of:
- Buildings: Purchase, construction, renovation or refurbishment.
- Fittings, Fixtures, and Equipment: Including (but is not limited to) office equipment/furniture, sports/gym equipment, digital/audio visual equipment, garden equipment, specialist therapeutic (excluding medical) equipment.
- Vehicles: Including a minibus, car, caravan, people-carrier, or 4X4 (new vehicles are unlikely to be funded).
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the work of the organisation fits within one or more of the Foundations programme areas which are:
- Alcohol & substance misuse
- Disadvantaged minority communities
- Disadvantaged young people
- Domestic & sexual abuse
- Older people
- People with disabilities
- Prisoners & ex-offenders
- Visual impairment
Applications can be made at any time. The Foundation aim to make a decision within eight weeks for grants and projects less than £10,000 or within six months for grants over £10,000.