The Royal Institution will open its 2021 Science in Schools grant scheme for applications from primary and secondary schools/academies on the 4th January 2021.
The annual programme aims to support student’s education in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM), meet continuing professional development requirements (CPD) for teachers, engage families, and raise funds for schools by providing funding packages worth £800 for Science in School Days activities.
- Two school shows for your students, designed to support the curriculum at KS1, KS2 or KS3
- A CPD session for teachers, using interactive demonstrations to build the skills and confidence to inspire children with practical science
- An after school or evening community show for a family audience, to generate support for science in the home. The community show can also be ticketed to raise funds for future activities at your school.
In order to apply for a fully funded school visit, you need to:
- Be from a state-funded primary or secondary school/academy in the UK (shows can be adapted for ages 4-7, 7-11, or 11-14)
- Be a member of the school staff who is involved in teaching a STEM subject in the school
- Be able to demonstrate that your students would not otherwise have access to this opportunity
Priority will be given to disadvantaged schools.