Individual academies, academy sixth forms, free schools and those in Multi-Academy Trusts are able to apply for funding to install energy efficient technologies to lower energy bills and create a more comfortable learning environment.
Funding Criteria for 2020/21
- Each applicant may submit one application, which can consist of multiple projects. Multi-Academy Trusts can submit one application for each academy within the trust.
- The maximum loan value is £200,000, applications can be part-funded if they exceed this value.
- The minimum loan value is £8,000.
- The loan value must not exceed an 8-year payback. Projects exceeding this payback can be part-funded.
- Projects must cost no more than £222 per tonne/CO2e.
- To score maximum marks there will need to be an affordable contribution from other sources.
- No aspect of a project included in a SEEF application can be applied for as part of CIF or other Salix schemes, in the same financial year of applications.
The closing date for applications is 23.59 on the 11th January 2020.