Registered charities and community organisations that have been impacted by Covid-19 and who need emergency funding can apply for grants of between £5,000 and £60,000 to develop their digital, data and design capabilities to allow them to continue to deliver essential services.
This funding is a combination of direct grants and payment for support from digital agencies. The funding is being made available through Catalyst and The National Lottery Community Fund COVID-19 Digital Response.
Two funding streams are available.
The Discovery Programme
- This programme provides learning and development opportunities for nonprofits looking to progress their digital ambitions.
- Four weeks of funding and support, as part of a cohort of 8-10 organisations with a similar level of digital maturity, to understand and research the problem you are trying to address.
- Organisations will work with a digital partner to identify the needs and behaviours of your community, and how digital, data and design can best support them.
- Organisations will receive a £5,000 grant to cover the cost of one member of your team full time, or a number of people who, between them, are working on the programme for 20 days. This is to ensure you get the most out of the programme, and are able to complete all the key activities. It should also allow a couple of additional days’ time at the end of the programme to help put into practice some of the next steps identified in Week Four.
- During this programme organisations will capture their learning in a report or, if appropriate, develop a brief for further digital/design/data support.
The closing date is the 7th September 2020.
The Development Programme
Organisations that can show they have already been through a Discovery process will be eligible to move directly to Development.
- 10 weeks of funding and support to build on the learnings from discovery and develop a solution to their validated problem area.
- The programme runs for 10 weeks: 1 week to get ready, 8 weeks working time, 1 week to wrap up.
- Organisations are invited to apply for up to £60,000, which will be a mix of grant funding and support from a digital agency/expert.
The closing date for applications is the 20th September 2020.
To be eligible applicants must be part of a formal or informal network of ten or more organisations.
Catalyst are especially interested in applications from:
- User-led organisations: organisations where the majority of the leadership (i.e. at least half of senior team and trustees) are from the communities the organisation serves.
- Organisations led by and for marginalised communities and those most affected by the COVID-19 crisis (particularly Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; Deaf and Disabled; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender and/or women-led groups)