In response to the coronavirus, the True Colours Trust have adapted their small grants scheme for the next funding round.
Through the Small Grants UK- Covid-19 Support programme, funding of up to £5,000 will be available to help smaller charities to adapt their services to enable them to continue or resume supporting disabled children, children with life limiting conditions and their families safely during the pandemic.
This might include normal running costs of programmes which are resuming, or adaptations to existing services to allow them to take place safely.
Proposals for the following areas of work will be considered:
- Activities for disabled children, children with life limiting conditions and their families
- Adaptations to services including PPE, digital service provision and physical changes to spaces to be Covid-19 compliant.
- Siblings’ projects
- Bereavement Support
- Respite which supports the whole family
- Support for children/families who are shielding or unable to return to school
- Specialised play equipment / access to play and leisure
Trustees will prioritise applications from organisations:
- which support a high proportion of children and families from BAME communities
- which operate in areas of high deprivation or areas which are experiencing a second lockdown
- whose annual income in 2019/20 was under £350,000
The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on the 21st September 2020.