Registered charities (including Schools that are registered as charities for young people with disabilities) that work with disadvantaged children under the age of 25 can apply for funding of up to £10,000 through the Ironmongers Company’s grants programme.
Projects must meet all of the following criteria:
- For children and young people under the age of 25 who are disadvantaged
- Consist of educational activities that develop learning, motivation and skills
- Have clear aims and objectives to be met within a planned timescale
- Are within the UK
The Company is particularly interested in enabling primary age children to develop a strong foundation for the future. Projects could, for example:
- support special educational needs,
- address behavioural problems
- promote citizenship, parenting or life skills.
Preference will be given to projects piloting new approaches where the outcomes will be disseminated to a wider audience.
The next deadline for applications is the 15th December 2020.