Churches and Christian charities can apply for grants of up to £25,000 for projects focused on improving the lives of young people aged 18 and under across the UK.
Through All Churches’ Growing Lives Programme, religious organisations can apply for funding to help them run innovative, impactful projects that help young people to explore and grow in faith, get active, access training and work opportunities, develop life and leadership skills and feel less isolated.
Funding will also enable them to offer a lifeline to local families through running services and activities such as:
- homework clubs
- holiday childcare
- parent and toddler groups.
Examples of activities for children and teenagers funding might be used for:
- musical instruments for its junior choir
- soft play sessions for toddlers
- transforming an under-used room or area of a hall into a chill out zone and café or spiritual space for young people
- new books and toys for a children’s corner
- equipment for summer sports
- interactive Bible study and consoles and computers
The programme will also help fund structural changes. Running costs, salaries or one-off events will not be funded.
The amount of funding will depend upon the cost of the project and the level of need in the community ranging from 10% of project cost through to 80%.
Applications can be made for funding under the Growing Lives programme even if the organisation has received a grant from Allchurches Trust within the last two years.
There is currently no deadline for applications although funding for the programme is finite and will be kept under review.