Northern Gas Networks and Northern Powergrid have launched the latest application round of the Community Partnering Fund. Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available to third sector organisations and community groups in the North of England for projects that:
- Alleviate hardship associated with fuel poverty and promoting innovative energy-related environmental impact, energy efficiency or carbon reduction
- Educate and inform communities about safety in relation to domestic gas and power including the dangers from Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning and how to protect against it
- Encourage interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects and related career opportunities
- Promote use of the Priority Services Register, a free service provided by network operators and suppliers to customers in vulnerable circumstances within communities
- Champion community energy through encouraging people to come together to generate, own, manage, or reduce consumption of energy.
The Fund is being administered by the Leeds Community Foundation. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on the 10th March 2020 and decisions will be sent to applicants in early May 2020.
Potential applicants that would like to find out more about the fund can book a place at one of two briefing events:
- Leeds – Tuesday 4th February 2020 10:00 – 12:00. Click here for more information and to book your place.
- Newcastle – Tuesday 11th February 2020 10:00 – 12:00. Click here for more information and to book your place.