The Ministry of Defence offers grants of up to £10,000 to help Communities to organise Armed Forces Day events. Armed Forces Day will be on the 27th June 2020. The grant will pay for up to £50% of the cost of the event. The remainder will need to be raised by the community. The funding can be used to pay for:
- road closures required to hold an event, including to allow for parades and marches
- decorations, flags and banners
- newspaper and radio advertisements to promote the event
- marshalling, security and first aid arrangements for the event
- PA and communications systems
To apply for this grant, applicants must first register their event on the Armed Forces Day website.
The application deadline is the 1st March 2020.