Adult hospices that are full members of Hospice UK and are based in the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands can apply for grants of up to £20,000 through the Rank Foundation Grants Programme for projects that improve the physical environment within which hospices deliver care.
A total of £100,000 is available and the programme primarily supports capital costs but revenue costs that help deliver the capital activity can be included in the project costs.
Types of project could include:
Converting underused space or renovate existing space into:
- Wellbeing facility within hospice environments or sited at a hospice high street charity shop
- Family kitchenette/counselling room
- Private areas/quiet areas for relatives including gardens
- The creation of bereavement suite
- Enlarging bedrooms to allow extended families to visit
Increasing the therapeutic value of outside areas. Such as:
- Create kitchen gardens/raised beds/sensory garden
- Seating and outside furniture
- Paths and walkways – facilitating patient access to the outdoors (e.g. wheelchair)
- Bedroom door improvements to allow beds to be taken outside
- Social and Therapeutic Horticulture projects (STH) – using plants and miniature hand made gardens to improve physical and mental health.
It is important that the project should demonstrate a direct benefit to patients and their family’s wellbeing.
The closing date for applications is the 23rd March 2020.