The Cruach Trust, which is a small charity, which provides financial support of up to £1,500 for gardeners, retired gardeners and for preserving gardens throughout the United Kingdom has announced that the next deadline for applications is the 18th September 2020. The funding is available to registered or recognised charities, societies, trusts or other bodies. There is a preference for small local and national charities. Previous projects supported have included:
- Supporting a horticultural apprenticeship, arranged through the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.
- Grants for gardens, wildlife and the natural environment.
- Grants for music, the arts and cultural charities.
- Grants for medical research and support.
- Grants for organisations working with children, the elderly and vulnerable.
The trustees also have discretion to make donations to a wide range of organisations in the UK and abroad, with charitable objectives of whatever nature.