The British Science Week Community Grant Scheme is due to re-open for applications in late September 2019. The scheme offers £500-£1,000 grants to community groups that run their own science activities during British Science Week (6-15 March 2020) aimed at audiences who are traditionally under-represented and currently not engaged in science activity during.
This can include:
- People who are Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME);
- People with low socioeconomic status, including people disadvantaged in terms of education and income;
- Young people facing adversity, including those not in education, employment or training;
- People with a disability, defined as a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term effect on someone’s ability to do normal daily activities;
- People living in a remote and rural location, defined as settlements of less than 10,000 people;
- Girls and women.
The deadline for applications will be in mid-November 2019.
Note: community grants cannot be used for events or activities with school groups unless they are a special needs school. For school activities, the schools themselves, if they meet the eligibility criteria, should apply for the Kick Start Grants.
For any questions, please contact the British Science Association: firstname.lastname@example.org