Environmental Charity WRAP has announced that grants of between £25,000 to £170,000 are available to increase recycling rate for non-household municipal business waste (NHM) which is generated by sectors such as hospitality and food service, education, health, transport, retail, wholesale and offices.
A total of £1million capital funding is available to organisations that either collect or facilitate collection of this waste to:
- Provide new or improved recycling services/operations.
- Provide new infrastructure and better access to services targeting/benefiting Small and Medium Business Enterprises (SMEs).
Project proposals will need to demonstrate a level of innovation that goes beyond the current industry norm and offer effective communication approaches to guide and support SMEs who are signing up to the new services.
For example, project proposals could include:
- Alterations to Materials Recycling Facilities (MRFs) to provide new or increased capacity for NHM waste materials
- Alterations to existing site or new bring sites allowing NHM waste
- Dedicated micro bring sites located on the likes of business parks
The closing date for applications is the 4th September 2019.