Local Authorities in England can apply for grants of up to £50,000 to help them meet their local housing need. The funding which is being made available through the Local Government Association’s Housing Advisers Programme 2019/20 is available to councils to help the them procure the provision of bespoke expert support to transform the delivery of homes and places, the quality and security of existing homes, and/or to prevent and reduce homelessness.
The programme will fund ambitious projects seeking to improve outcomes. This might involve looking at:
- service design
- delivery operations
The projects might focus on opportunities to:
- meet housing and wider support needs of low-income families
- refresh homelessness services and partnerships to focus on prevention
- sustainably provide temporary accommodation
- meet needs of groups at risk of homelessness to prevent it happening
- support improvements in the private rented sector
- improve the quality of existing housing
- reform the end to end planning process and the relations hip with developers
- achieve fair returns to communities from planning gain
- proactively enable the development of the types of homes
- directly build homes of the right mix of products, tenures and techniques
- empower council housing tenants.
The deadline for submission of your expression of interest is 5.00 pm on 19th September 2019.
The Housing Advisers programme is now open for expressions of interest. Please email email@example.com to request a form.