£1 Million Available for Lifeboat Charities – 2nd September 2019 (UK)

Lifeboat charities across the UK can now bid for government funding for life-saving equipment.  A total of £1 million is available. The fund is open to search and rescue teams in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to buy new boats, engines or other equipment. So far, the £6 million scheme has paid for 82 new boats, more than 1,800 items of equipment for rescue operations and in excess of 5,000 items of crew kit to keep volunteers safe on missions.

The Fund will contribute to costs of purchasing equipment to support rescue operations. Equipment supported by the Fund last year included rescue boats and other craft (e.g. flood rescue rafts, kayaks, etc), launch equipment and launch vehicles, personal protective and other crew equipment.

The Fund will pay a maximum of 90% of the ex-VAT costs of any funded items. Successful charities are expected to meet the remaining 10% as a match funding contribution.

To be eligible Charities will need to demonstrate that they already operate a lifeboat or rescue boat that operates inshore/inland and is used to respond in dangerous or difficult situations to rescue people and vessels in distress.

The closing date for applications is midnight on the 2nd September 2019.

Useful Links:

Rescue Boat Grant Fund applicant guide 2019 to 2020

Rescue Boat Grant Fund application summary and checklist

Back to Table of Contents

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rescue-boat-grant-fund-how-to-apply-2019-to-2020

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s