The British Film Institute has announced that it is currently accepting applications through its Audience Fund. The fund was established to give everyone, everywhere in the UK the opportunity to enjoy and learn from the richest and most diverse range of great British and international filmmaking, past, present and future.
The objectives of the Audience Fund are to:
- grow the diversity of audiences engaging with film;
- develop the 16- to 30-year-old audience for film;
- increase access to independent British and international film for audiences, especially those outside London;
- enhance confidence, best practice and capability of the sector;
- increase access to the UK’s screen heritage via the BFI’s National Archive of film and TV, and those of the regions and nations;
- increase engagement with BFI supported activities and cultural programmes across the UK, and enhance the quality and cultural depth of audience experience.
Through the Audience Fund there are two types of awards available:
Project awards provide grants of up to usually £50,000 to support nationally significant proposals with cultural ambition where the funded activity will grow priority audiences, offer greater choice and meet the outlined objectives;
Organisational awards provide grants of up to £200,000 to support proposals that enable organisations with proven sector experience to offer a range of year-round activity that meets the outlined objectives of the fund.
Applicants and/or their partners should have direct experience of film distribution, exhibition and audience development activity within the UK; for example, film distributors, cinemas, cinema chains or consortia, film festivals or arts organisations with experience of film curation.
Applications for Project awards will be accepted on a rolling basis. The closing date for Organisational awards is the 4th November 2019. For assistance with making an application or for any queries relating to the BFI Audience Fund, contact firstname.lastname@example.org