This funding opportunity from Comic Relief aims to support vulnerable children and young people from underserved groups within the following age ranges: 5 to 24 years in the UK: 5 to 30 years in Bangladesh, India, Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia.
Funding of £150,000 up to £700,000 is available for a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 5 years for proposals that particularly focus on vulnerable children and young people from groups underserved by current services. Proposals should be working on two or more of the following areas:
- Tackling stigma and discrimination;
- Increasing access to quality service provision;
- Strategic / systemic changes at local and/or national level.
Comic Relief is focusing on under-served groups as a group that may be marginalised and unable to access mental health services, for example:
- Socio-economically disadvantaged people of any ethnicity;
- Marginalised ethnic groups i.e. in the UK BAME;
- Children and young people who have a parent with mental health problems;
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning (LGBTQ+);
- Children and young people living with HIV or other long term and life limiting illnesses;
- Children and young people with disabilities, including learning disabilities;
- Refugees and asylum-seeking children and young people;
- Children & young people affected by traumatic experiences e.g. violence, abuse & neglect;
- Young offenders and young people who are not in education, employment or training.
Proposals should also demonstrate working in two or more of the following areas: Tackling stigma and discrimination: Increasing access to quality service provision; Strategic / systemic changes at local and/or national level.
The programme opens on Wednesday 1st May 2019 and closes at 12 noon, Friday 28th June 2019.