The Quaker Housing Trust has announced that the next deadline for applications is the 14th June 2019.
The Quaker Housing Trust provides grants and interest free loans to housing projects that cater for people with a wide range of needs, including:
- mental & physical health problems
- learning difficulties
- would otherwise be homeless
- escaping domestic violence
- single parents
- young families
- moving out of institutional care
- addiction problems
- refugees, asylum seekers, migrants
- survivors of trafficking.
To be eligible for funding, applicants need to have legal charitable status and be a small organisation (with an annual turnover of not more than £1 million and without access to sufficient income, reserves, nor other fundraising, to pay for the work).
Previous projects supported include:
- Hope into Action, Bilston which received support for turning a property into a home for three people who are, or are at risk of being, homeless, and are in need of some support.
- The Bridgnorth Housing Trust, Bridgnorth, which received support towards building 22 new almshouses, to increase the number of homes they have to offer.