Innovate UK Smart Grants are available for game-changing and disruptive ideas from business, through a regular, competitive application process. This round is open until 24th April 2019.
Grants are awarded for projects that can provide evidence for considerable potential to gain market share, generate economic impact and exports. The funding is not limited to a particular industry or technology area.
UK based business of any size or a research and technology organisation (RTO) carrying out a project in the UK and intending to exploit the results from the UK can apply with:
- An idea for a completely new product, service or process
- A brand-new use or an unprecedented use for an existing product, service or process that take it above and beyond what is currently available
Different amounts of grant funding are available depending on the size of the business applying for funding and the stage of their project. Projects can be:
- Early feasibility studies to analyse and evaluate the potential of an idea, including market research
- Industrial research, with the intention that the skills and knowledge acquired will lead to an improvement in existing products, processes or services
- Experimental development, actually developing these new products, processes or services through activities including prototype testing, piloting and demonstration