Round 14 of the Theatres Trust’s UK Theatres Grants Scheme is now open to applications for capital grants of up to £5,000. Organisations eligible to apply will be running small theatres, have UK charitable or not-for-profit legal structures and be:
- Owned or manage theatres with titles or signed leases of more than 5 years on buildings in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Running a regular theatre programme of professional, community and/or amateur work presenting no less than 30 performances a year
- Able to provide certified or audited accounts for at least two years
Priority is given to projects that address urgent building repairs, improve operational viability, introduce environmental improvements and enhance physical accessibility. The scheme can also be used to help lever in other sources of investment, particularly philanthropic support. Applications for technical equipment and refurbishment of soft furnishings are a low priority for the scheme.
Previous examples of funded projects include:
- Robin Hood Theatre, Newark, £5,000 towards a project to replace the theatre’s electrical supply which was no longer fit for purpose
- The Players Theatre, Thame, £5,000 to install a flexible, moveable wall system on the stage to achieve a larger and more flexible space.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their project with The Theatres Trust before applying. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Round 14 of the UK Small Grants Scheme will close on Monday 2nd September at noon.