Help Musicians UK is looking for exciting collaborations that create work across art forms, creative sectors and other disciplines. Applications to the Fusion Fund must be music-focused and projects should include contributions from at least one non-music discipline for example storytellers, lighting designers, choreographers, technologists, scientists, gaming designers, theatre directors, visual artists etc. Applications that consider unusual and extraordinary spaces to show work to new audiences are also of interest.
There should be tangible results of the collaboration, such as a body of work created for an upcoming recording or a new performance. Overall, the project should push the boundaries of what the artist does as a music creator or performer, exploring or testing something that they are not currently able to achieve without support.
Grants of £2,000 to £5,000 can cover reasonable costs associated with the project including:
- Venue and rehearsal space costs
- Recording costs (live or documentation)
- Travel costs
- Access costs
- Accommodation costs
- Fees for musicians, artists or collaborators time to allow for the project to happen
The fund is open to professional and emerging professional musicians of all genres and disciplines with an active career including: Solo instrumentalists, conductors, composers, vocalists, singer songwriters or multidisciplinary artists. Bands or ensembles with six members or less can also apply.
Applicants must be:
- Aged over 18 (no upper age limit)
- Based primarily in the UK and be eligible to work here
- Have been resident in the UK for at least three consecutive years
- In financial need and without significant backing
The Fund closes for application at 9am on the 11th March 2019.