Community businesses who want to grow by increasing their sales (trading) can sign up for the Community Business Trade Up Programme, an initiative run by – the School for Social Entrepreneurs – that helps the leaders of community businesses in England by offering a learning programme and matched trading grant of up to £10,000.
This programme is fully funding by Power to Change and has already supported 130 community businesses. In the first cohort of the programme, community businesses typically increased their income from trading by 92% in one year. In 2019, the aim is to help a further 80 community businesses.
Eligible businesses are run by and for a local community with profits reinvested for the benefit of that community i.e. they will be:
- Locally rooted
- Accountable to the local community;
- Trading for the benefit of the local community;
- Making a broad community impact
The community businesses on this programme will have plans to grow trading (income from sales) by at least £10,000 in the next year. This programme. It focuses on growing income from trading, to improve impact and sustainability. It offers:
The programme runs from seven locations across England and will offer:
- A learning programme: 12 days spread over nine months and running from June 2019 to March 2020
- A Match Trading grant of up to £10,000
- A community of people running organisations like yours
The deadline to apply is 1pm on 14th February 2019.