The Vegetarian Society is making grants available to help support community activities and events taking place around National Vegetarian Week which is in May 2019.
The grants are available to:
- Not for profit organisations in the UK (e.g. community groups, schools, and social housing schemes, Cubs, Brownies, Scouts or Guides etc)
- Vegetarian groups, local network groups and student vegetarian and vegan societies
- Informal groups of friends, parents or students.
Activities need to take place around National Vegetarian Week in May and must promote National Vegetarian Week exclusively as the primary purpose of the funded activity. Activities funded have to be exclusively vegetarian or vegan (so no non-vegetarian food or drink).
The Society is accepting applications for both large and small grants this year. Small grants will be up to £200 and large grants to be up to £2,000. Large grant applications need to demonstrate how their activity will have a bigger impact.
Grants could cover, for example:
- Food and ingredients
- Room hire
- Equipment hire
- Transport costs
- Cookery demonstration materials
- Public liability insurance
- Direct costs of delivering an activity
Closing dates are as follows:
Large grants – apply by Sunday 3rd March 2019
Small grants – the first deadline is Sunday 17th March and the final deadline is Sunday 14th April 2019