Since 2009, People’s Postcode Trust has awarded over £14 million to more than 1800 projects across Great Britain. Through its Small Grants Programme, the Trust offers grants to small organisations and community groups for projects lasting up to 1 year (for organisations in Wales 6 months). People’s Postcode Trust aims to help people – ensuring they have the skills, opportunities and rights to improve their lives and will seek applications for projects that focus on:
- The prevention of poverty
- Promotion of human rights
- Equal rights
- Conflict resolution for some of society’s most vulnerable groups.
Grants of between £500 and £20,000 (£10,000 in Wales) are available to registered charities. Applicants that are not formally registered as a charity with OSCR / Charity Commission can apply for up to £2,000 in funding.
Previous projects supported include:
- A grant of £20,000 to Sandwell Women’s Aid for a project supporting adult and child victims of domestic and sexual abuse and violence – with a range of services to help them cope with trauma and rebuild their lives.
- Home-Start Doncaster which received a grant of £2,871 to provide a series of financial support and literacy classes to help families living in poverty.
There is a two-stage application process.
Round 1 Stage 1 opens on the 6th February 2019 and the deadline is the 20th February 2019. Organisations successful at this stage will be invited to submit a full application between the 27th March and 10th April 2019.