The Greggs Foundation Local Community Projects Fund distributes around £1.8 million per year to organisations throughout England, Scotland and Wales. The Local Community Projects Fund makes grants of up to £2,000 to not for profit organisations with a turnover of less than £300,000 a year. The Foundation are more likely to make grants to local organisations based near Greggs shops.
The Foundation supports projects that improve resilience within communities. This can include sessional activities/respite support, equipment for sessional activities, trips and residential breaks. New approaches and innovative ideas as well as sustainable approaches to supporting communities are welcomed. All projects must support a community of interest, i.e. people who are:
- Disabled or suffering chronic illness
- Living in poverty
- Voluntary carers
- Homeless people
- Isolated older people
- Other demonstrable significant need
Successful applicants will have demonstrated improvements against at least one of the following Key Performance Targets:
- Beneficiaries have decreased social isolation
- Beneficiaries report improved health and wellbeing
- Beneficiaries report improved resilience/coping mechanisms
- Beneficiaries have improved life skills
- Beneficiaries have improved opportunities
The closing date for applications is the 28th February 2019.
Projects previously funded include:
- In 2017 London Wheelchair Rugby Club were awarded £1,500 to buy new equipment.
- West Norfolk Young Carers received a grant in 2016 to take some of their young carers to an Outdoor Adventure Centre to help the carers build confidence and self-belief.