The Geospatial Commission has partnered with Innovate UK to launch a new government competition that invites organisations to apply for a share of £1.5 million to fund projects which use data linked to a location. By using location data, geospatial technology is transforming services across the public and private sectors, and is contributing to the #SmarterGov government campaign, which is helping to deliver wider economic growth and productivity.
The aim of the competition is to explore the benefits and challenges of crowdsourcing data. The aim is to encourage different organisations to work together to identify innovative new ways for crowdsourced data, to either:
- Improve the delivery of public services
- Support the third sector
- Enhance the quality of open public datasets
Grants of between £50,000 to £750,000 are available to eligible UK-based organisations that are:
- Businesses of any size
- Academic organisations or higher education institutes
- Public sector organisations or local authorities
- Public sector research establishments, research council institutes or research and technology organisations
The deadline for applications is midday on 30th January 2019.
Applicants who need more information, can call the competition helpline on 0300 321 4357 or email email@example.com