The Woodward Charitable Trust primarily funds charitable organisations (charities, social enterprises and community interest companies) in the UK and can make grants for overseas projects usually via UK charities. Each year the trustees of the Woodward Charitable Trust set aside funds for summer playschemes for children between the ages of 5-16 years.
Trustees only fund programmes that run for a minimum of 2 weeks or 10 days across the summer holidays.
Grants can only be paid to registered charities. Non-registered organisations must give the full name and address of a registered charity who has agreed to accept a grant on their behalf.
Most grants awarded are in the range of £500 to £1,000. Around 35 grants are made each year with preference is given to:
- Small local playschemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities
- Schemes that involve a large number of children
- Schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability
- Schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and race
- Schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers
Priority is given to projects make good use of volunteers and encourage past and current users to participate.
Applicant charities annual income must be under £100,000.
The trustees will review applications in May.
All application forms must be submitted by the 5th April 2019 and must be accompanied by the applicants Child Protection Policy. The policy should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org