Registered charities can apply for grant of up to £10,000 for work that enhances the quality of life for people in need, specifically the mentally and physically disabled. Priority is given to small and medium size charities making a significant impact in their community and who may lack the time and resources to be able to focus on their fundraising.
The Foundation’s grants are awarded to projects that have a significant impact across one or more of four life “themes” and priority is given to organisations that clearly demonstrate this within their application for grant funding, these are: Health and Wellbeing; Independent Living at Home; Respite; and Transition.
Grants can support:
- Modifications to homes, schools, hospices etc
- The provision of specialist equipment such as the provision of specialised wheelchairs, other mobility aids and equipment including medical equipment to assist independent living
- Financial assistance towards the cost of short-term respite breaks at a registered respite centre.
Grants are awarded through two programmes:
- A fast-track Small Grants Programme for applications under £10,000
- A Large Grants Programme for applications of £10,000 or over.
Registered charities of any size can apply; however priority is given to small to medium size charities who are making a significant impact in their community and who may lack the time and resources to be able to focus on their fundraising.
Apply for a grant at any time; the Trustees meet six times a year, but procedures exist to give approvals between meetings.