The Greggs Foundation Local Community Projects Fund distributes around £1.8 million per year to organisations throughout England, Scotland and Wales. The Local Community Projects Fund makes grants of up to £2,000 to not for profit organisations with a turnover of less than £300,000 a year The Foundation are more likely to make grants to local organisations based near Greggs shops.
The Foundation supports projects that improve resilience within communities. This can include sessional activities/respite support, equipment for sessional activities, trips and residential breaks. New approaches and innovative ideas as well as sustainable approaches to supporting communities are welcomed. All projects must support a community of interest, i.e. people who are:
- Disabled or suffering chronic illness
- Living in poverty
- Voluntary carers
- Homeless people
- Isolated older people
- Other demonstrable significant need
Successful applicants will have demonstrated improvements for beneficiaries against at least one of the following Key Performance Targets:
- Decreased social isolation
- Improved health and wellbeing and resilience/coping mechanisms
- Improved life skills and improved opportunities
Round 4 opens on 1st December 2018
Projects previously funded include:
- RoRo Sailing Project RoRo Sailing Project – a grant to purchase items of safety equipment required to enable severely disabled people to use their facilities.
- West Norfolk Young Carers West Norfolk Young Carers – a grant to take some of their young carers to an Outdoor Adventure Centre to help the carers build confidence and self-belief.