Looking after the wellbeing of your employees will make you a stronger organisation with a happier, healthier workforce. It also shows that you care about the people who work for you. Improving work place wellbeing can also contribute to reduced absenteeism, increased productivity and support staff to improve their lifestyles.
Living Well Sefton, in partnership with Sefton Public Health is offering ‘Small to Medium Enterprises’ (SMEs) grants of up to £500 to improve the wellbeing of employees. The total grant pot for this year is £25,000.
What we will consider funding,
- Staff costs including sessional staff, for example for workplace wellbeing activities such as yoga or mindfulness
- Volunteer costs and costs associated with allowing staff to volunteer during work time
- Equipment, for example bike racks to encourage active travel to work
- Training courses which are focused on wellbeing
- Events to support the wellbeing of staff
- Refurbishment of facilities which are clearly demonstrated to contribute to the health and wellbeing of staff, for example decorating a break room or buying a table and chairs to encourage people to each lunch away from their desks.
What we will not fund,
- Core or ongoing running costs
- Overhead allocations
- Statutory responsibilities
- Overseas travel expenses
- Personal debts
- Grants to individuals
- Legal costs
- Redundancy payments
- Sole traders
- Primary business activities must be in Sefton
- More than 60% of employees must be Sefton residents
- Priority will be given to those businesses who employ routine and manual workers
- The applying organisation must not have been funded for a workplace wellbeing grant in the last 12 months for the same activity.
For more information and to apply please contact Living Well Sefton via email@example.com or call 0300 323 0181