The Police Commissioner for Merseyside is able to award charitable grants to organisations that deliver community projects that reduce crime, improve public safety or support victims. This funding under the Police Property Act is from the sale of property which has come into the police’s possession where the owner of the property cannot be identified and where a court order has been made.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available to support diversionary projects for children and young people taking place around the Halloween and Bonfire Night period 2018. Projects should target at least one of the following priorities:
- Reducing anti social behaviour
- Tackling serious and organised crime
- Maintaining public safety
- Tackling hate crime
- Improving victim services
- Supporting neighbourhood policing
General eligibility criteria:
• You must be a charity, community group or social enterprise (statutory services including schools are not eligible for this fund).
• You must be based in Merseyside, connected to your community
• You must have a formal constitution or governing document in the name of the group.
Closing date for applications: 14th September 2018 by 4pm