This new for 2018 partnership programme between The National Archives and The Pilgrims Trust is the only source of funding available in the UK dedicated to cataloguing and unlocking archives. ‘Archives Revealed’ comprises two funding strands:
- Cataloguing Grants, awarding grants of up to £40,000 for archives to create catalogues of important archival collections.
- Scoping Grants, offering grants of up to £3,000 helping archives conduct collection analysis to support development of plans for future cataloguing priorities and projects.
Grants will be available to the following UK organisations:
- Public sector bodies; registered charities; other not-for-profit organisations
- Organisations that make their collections accessible to people outside their organisation
- Organisations that have access to professional archive expertise
- Organisations with owned or deposited collections where public access can be guaranteed for ten years of the project end date.
The programme will re-open in October 2018.
In the first Round , nine projects were supported, details of these projects can be found here.