Women’s organisations can apply for grants for projects that aim to stop sexual harassment and abuse of women at work and within their communities.
The type of projects that will be supported will include:
- Prevention work (including education and other initiatives)
- Awareness-raising activities
- Grass-roots activism
- Work with groups and communities who might face additional barriers to getting their voices heard, or might be at higher risk of sexual harassment and abuse, to amplify those voices
- Work that tries out new ideas
- Innovative uses of tech/arts/sports/etc
- Work that replicates tried and tested approaches in new settings
- Work that others can learn from
The funding is being made available through the Justice and Equality Fund: Now’s the Time programme. This consists of two funding strands.
- £5,000 – £25,000, or
- £25,000 – £100,000
Women’s organisations applying for £5,000 – £25,000 can apply by themselves, or in a partnership. The closing date for applications is the 27th September 2018. Applicants need to submit a short video explaining who they are, what they want to do and why they should be funded.
Women’s organisations applying for £25,000 – £100,000 will need to apply in partnership with at least one other organisation. This strand will open for applications on the 24th September 2018.