The vision of the Froebelian Trust is a world in which childhood is valued in its own right and each child’s capacity and potential are recognised. The Trust has allocated a fund of £40,000 for new applications to the 2018 Innovation Grants Programme. The programme supports projects that offer new ways and environments in order to support children to play expressively and creatively.
Registered charities schools and international charities can apply for up to £40,000, spread over 1 or 2 years for projects that support children between the ages of 0-8 to play expressively and explicitly apply at least one of the Trust’s named Froebelian principles.
Projects funded will:
- Contribute to the strategic objectives of the Trust which are to demonstrate how the application of Froebelian principles provide high quality learning and education and increase the impact and visibility of the Trust.
- Address at least one of the Trust’s cross cutting themes which are:
- Addressing disadvantage and valuing diversity
- Childhood under stress (focusing on those environments in which young children cannot play freely or with agency)
- Adult (staff and parental) engagement with young children
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday, 29th June 2018