The Wingate Foundation has announced that there will be no July meeting of the Trustees in 2018.
The Trustees normally meet in January, April, July and October, thus the next deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday the 14th of September.
The Foundation supports projects, institutions and activities in three areas:
- Jewish Life and Learning – applications are invited from academic institutions specialising in Jewish subjects and from bodies promoting Jewish culture, including museums, libraries and literary publications.
- Performing Arts (excluding music) – financial support for charities with a record of artistic excellence that require additional funding, not available from public sources or commercial sponsorship, to broaden their repertoire or develop work of potentially outstanding interest which cannot be funded from the usual sources.
- Music – support in those areas of music performance and education which do not readily attract backing from commercial sponsors or other funding bodies, or which are not eligible for public funding.
Applications are invited from smaller charitable organisations only; the Trustees will not consider approaches from large charities who are well represented on the High Street or their local branch offices.
Previous projects supported include:
- £5,000 per year for 3 years to Little Angel Theatre as support for Little Angel Studios, a new building dedicated to education, community and outreach work.
- £3,250 to The Voices Foundation for 1-Year Foundation Programme in a cluster of five schools in Essex to ensure that every child irrespective of ability, means or background has access to high quality music education through singing and the use of equipment
- £6,000 a year for three years to Anne Frank Trust UK to fund educational work in three schools.