The PRS Foundation is offering grants of up to £15,000 for projects that include repeat performances of music written in the past five years, new commissions and recordings through the Beyond Borders programme. Beyond Borders is a co-commissioning and touring programme run in partnership with Creative Scotland, Arts Council of Wales, Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Arts Council of Ireland / An Chomhairle Ealaíon. Bringing together organisations and music creators from across the UK and abroad, the programme aims to stimulate collaboration between organisations and bands/ ensembles in order to enable music creators to produce exceptional new material to be performed in at least three of the constituent countries i.e. England, Northern lreland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Beyond Borders grants will be awarded to projects that:
- Support imaginative, high quality co-commissions and performances of new musical works by UK and Ireland-based music creators in a framework which guarantees more than one performance in different countries
- Support further performances/touring of music written by UK and Ireland-based music creators during the past five years
- Support projects which are genuinely collaborative and have been developed jointly by the partners involved (whether as co-commissioners or touring partners)
- Encourage partnerships and sharing of expertise between organisations in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Wales and England which are committed to commissioning new music and developing local and regional audiences
- Raise the profile and benefits of co-commissioning/co-producing/touring which takes work beyond the premiere to a broader range of organisations and audiences
Any UK or Ireland-based not-for-profit organisation can apply but applications must consist of at least three partners, each from a different country. The lead partner can be a festival, venue, promoter or performance group with adequate organisational capacity and infrastructure for staging a performance.
Each application must include a minimum of three guaranteed performances in at least three UK/Ireland regions between May 2017 and December 2019.
The next deadline is 6pm on Monday 4th June 2018.