Power to Change Trust’s £10 million Community Business Fund will re-open for applications on 24th April 2018.
Grants of between £50,000 and £300,000 will be available to existing community businesses in England looking to progress towards self-sufficiency.
Previous grants have been awarded to a wide range of businesses including:
- Energy schemes
- Community hubs.
The Community Business Fund only awards grants to incorporated organisations who are:
- Locally rooted
- Accountable to the community
- Trading for the benefit of the local community
- Delivering broad community impact.
Grants can be awarded towards:
- Capital costs including building, vehicles, equipment of significant value, refurbishment costs.
- Project-specific revenue costs like staff costs, professional fees, volunteer costs.
The closing date for applications will be the 22nd May 2018.
Previous projects supported include:
Viva Arts and Community Group, in Cambridgeshire. Power to Change awarded Viva Arts a £220,000 grant through the Community Business Fund to purchase and refurbish a 19th century mill to secure a place where they can continue to provide the community with arts and culture activities to help the local area thrive.
Stepney City Farm in Tower Hamlets. Power to Change awarded a grant of £66,065 to recruit a full-time Grower/Trainer that will establish the volunteer-run plant and produce shop at the farm, helping to also take on and train four people for 3 days a week on six.