A new programme from Arts Council England, Developing your Creative Practice has been designed to support the development of independent creative practioners working in dance, theatre, music, visual arts, literature, combined arts or museums practice. The aim is to offer practitioners the time and space to work on ambitious and innovative research and development opportunities to make a step-change in their practice.
Arts Council England is looking for exciting, ambitious proposals that allow applicants to take that important next step in the way they make their work. Applicants are encouraged to consider their long term needs and proposals can cover creative research and development or building skills through international exchange. Examples might include:
- Creative media and the wider creative industries e.g. film or audio, design or gaming
- Technology, including digital technology e.g. virtual reality or live-streaming
- Other non-arts organisations or settings e.g. residential-care providers, or a science organisation
- Other non-arts cultural forms or sectors e.g. health and wellbeing, social inclusion, heritage or sport
- This fund is only open to individuals over the age of 18 years who:
- Are living and working in England
- Have three years’ creative practice experience outside a formal education context
- Are working in Arts Council England’s supported disciplines i.e. they will be dancers, choreographers, writers, translators, producers, publishers, editors, musicians, conductors, composers, actors, directors, designers, artists, craft makers, and curators.
Awards of £2, 000 – £10, 000 (from a total pot of £3.6 million per year) are made through quarterly rounds. Funded project activities can last up to one year.
Round 1 opens for applications on 12th April 2018 and closes on 16th May 2018.
For further information or to check eligibility contact Arts Council England by email email@example.com or phone 0845 300 6200).