During the 2018/19 academic year, The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is offering tax free funding of £28,000 to 140 individuals entering chemistry teacher training in England. Scholars also get free membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry for two years.
Eligible applicants will:
- Be taking up a training place on a secondary teaching course that leads to QTS (pre-16)
- Hold a chemistry or related degree with a proven or predicted grade of a 2:1 or above, a relevant PhD or Master’s degree or recognised equivalent or have completed a subject knowledge enhancement course in chemistry before September 2018
- Meet the bursary eligibility criteria as set out in the National College for Teaching and Leadership’s bursary guidance.
- Be a ‘Home’ students as defined on the UKCISA website
- Be eligible to draw down a tuition fee loan from the Student Loans Company
- Have not previously applied for a scholarship in the same academic year
Applications will close on 31 July 2018. The RSC are run a rolling application process and individuals can apply at any time in the year, but the number of scholarships is limited, so it may benefit individuals to apply earlier.
The scheme is run in partnership with the Department of Education.