Any not for profit organisation or group with an idea for a project that will make a difference to the local community can now apply to be a Co-op local cause. The Co-op Local Community Fund awards cash generated from Co-op own brand products and carrier bag sales to local good causes chosen by its members. Up to three Projects are chosen for support in each round and displayed in store and online, so that Co-op members can choose which Project they want to support in their own community.
A total of £20 million is available and funding rounds are open once a year.
Organisations that can apply include:
- Community groups and Unincorporated associations
- Co-operative and Community benefit societies
- Credit unions
- Community interest companies, Companies limited by guarantee and social enterprises
- Charities registered in the UK and Small unregistered charities (who have less than £5,000 income a year)
- Organisations recognised as a charity for tax purposes by HMRC
- Community amateur sports club (CASC)
- Church or chapel that’s an ‘excepted’ charity
- Scout, Guide or Woodcraft Folk groups
All projects or events must take place in the UK or Isle of Man and still be running after October 2019. Preference is given to projects run by small, local organisations that make a real difference to people in their community.
The closing date for this funding round is 8th April 2018.
Previous projects funded include:
MK Snap received £3,225.48. Mk Snap is a passionate and dynamic local charity that provides a leading programme of education, life skills, work preparation and opportunities for work for people aged 16+ with learning difficulties and disabilities, giving them the skills to realise their potential.