Trees for Schools – 31st March 2018 (UK)

The Tree Council has announced that their Trees for Schools Fund 2018 is now open to applications for grants to pay for trees to be planted during National Tree Week (24th November to 2nd December in 2018).

The Tree Council will award grants towards projects costing between £100 and £700 with successful applicants receiving up to 75% towards their planting costs. Schools must be able to provide the remaining 25% of the costs of the project. Children under 16 must be actively involved in the planting project or in a related educational activity i.e. in the design, planning and planting of the orchard or through curriculum related projects. Grants can cover the purchase of trees of appropriate species, size and numbers, of which up to 4 may be fruit trees on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks. Schools wishing to plant more than 4 fruit trees should make a separate application for that part of the project to the Orchard Windfalls Fund.

The closing date for applications to both funds is 31st March 2018.

http://www.treecouncil.org.uk/Grants/Trees-for-Schools

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s