WREN, a Land fill operator and Environmental Body has announced that its Community Fund has re-opened for applications until 5pm on the 14th March 2018. The Community Fund makes grants of between £2,000 and £100,000 for the provision, maintenance or improvement of a public amenities in the vicinity of a landfill site. This could include:
- Village Halls and Community Centres
- Public Play Areas
- Publicly available Multi use games areas, skate parks and BMX tracks
- Sport and recreation grounds including pavilions and clubhouses with full public access
- Churches – community spaces only; Nature Reserves
- Public gardens, parks, country parks and woodlands with at least dawn to dusk access
Applications are accepted for projects within 10 miles of a FCC Environment landfill site in WREN’s operating area. The fund is open to applications from not for profit organisations (with a formal constitution and a bank account) and Local Authorities.